Jmadchen's Blog Spot

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chinese Night and Mexican Night

Last night we had some friends over and I really had been wanting to make sweet & sour chicken, so I bought a jar at Freddies and combined it with some chicken chunks and peppers. I also pan fried some potstickers and made some rice in our rice maker. The only problem was the potstickers lived up to their name and actually stuck to the pan! Which is slightly embarrassing when you have company, but it ended up working out anyways. Dinner was delicious!!! We all loved it, so I will definitely have to make it again. Hooray for Chinese night!

Tonight I was in the mood for something south of the border. Chicken fajitas sounded like they would do the trick, so I cooked up some chicken in a pan and after they were done, I added the rest of the peppers from last night and some tomatoes plus a packet of Lawrys Fajita seasoning with about a half cup of water. I also heated some black beans and of course tortillas to put everything in. Wow, soo good! I think the smokiness of the seasoning made it extra yummy! Another success, this is getting kind of boring, I should have some disaster about now in my new cooking adventures :) Of course there is always tomorrow night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home