Jmadchen's Blog Spot

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Orange-tastic Chicken!

We just finished eating dinner and I have to say this time the Orange Chicken was delicious! This was my second time making the crockpot365 recipe for Orange Chicken and this time I modified it and left some things out. I made the chicken the way it says in the recipe except I dredged the chicken through some egg before the flour. The recipe for the sauce calls for orange juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, brown sugar and ketchup. Well we really didn't like the ketchup taste last time, so I left it out and instead I used soy sauce. I also added a tablespoon more of brown sugar and because I used soy sauce, I left the salt out. I think this really made the difference in the end. I was at a birthday party in the afternoon, so when I got home the chicken was ready and that meant I didn't have time to make rice, so I made a quick batch of couscous to with it. White rice probably would have made it more of a Chinese meal, but oh well it still tasted good with the couscous! Tomorrow I am going to try a glazed carrot recipe that I copied down from my friend so I am excited to try it out. Not sure yet on the main dish, I need to go to the store badly so we will see what find tonight or tomorrow when I go. More to come....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home