Jmadchen's Blog Spot

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Babies and Taco Soup

Yesterday was soo eventful it was a good thing I wasn't planning on cooking anything! My good friend came over in the morning with her daughter and baby boy for a playdate with William. They had a really fun time playing and it was also fun to play with the baby. As soon as they left and I got William down for his nap, my best friend called and needed me to watch her baby because her grandmother unexpectedly had to go to the hospital. I was thrilled because her baby is also my cousin, she married my cousin, so I guess their baby is my first cousin once removed. Anyways, we had a fun time with him while he was here. You wouldn't believe this but literally as soon as they left, my girl friends were at the door for our planned girls night! Well the same friend that came in the morning, came that night too with her baby, so that was fun! All I was in charge of was making WW cupcakes which was super easy, a cake mix and 12oz of diet soda, I topped the cupcakes with non-fat coolwhip. They were yummy! We also had taco soup, corn bread and salad. I definitely want to try making the taco soup, maybe with some slight modifications. But it was healthy which I liked, so I would maybe only add a little cheese to it. When they left, I literally crashed into bed! William went down early after all the craziness of the day so that was nice! I had a really good time with my girlfriends and hope we can do it again soon! Well I don't know what today will bring, so we will see when it comes to dinner. I did get a good tip about twice baked potatoes that I do need to try at some point. Thank you Jenny for the tip! I was about to give up on the whole thing! Anyways, we may just eat leftover taco soup but I might try and see what modifications I can do to it...hmmm

1 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    Every time you add cheese and sour cream to something, you make it extra yummy. One can never go wrong in the taste catagory!


    And you add fat, cholesterol and calories :( Not Fair!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home