Jmadchen's Blog Spot

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Marinara Pesto Chicken

I got a little creative for dinner tonight and tried the Pesto Chicken recipe for a third time but added marinara sauce and a mix of cheeses. I watched the chicken closely this time and it ended up tasting better than all the other times I cooked chicken in my crockpot! I was very pleased! In addition to the chicken, I sliced up two potatoes and put them on a cookie sheet with olive oil and this lemon pepper blend that comes in a salt shaker. Oh my, those potatoes were soo yummy! Jacob LOVES potatoes, so he would be happy with them every night. The potatoes did take a really long time to cook though, so I may put them on broil next time. We ate early tonight because Jacob has a rehearsal with a singing group and can't eat too close to singing.

Anyways, we pretty much stayed in all day which was nice after a busy Saturday! Yesterday we went to my parent's house and they ended up watching my cousin's baby for awhile, which of course was just terrible that I got to see that adorable baby two days in a row :) My cousin and his wife in addition to her family were at the hospital again to see her grandmother. We watched the Duck game and decided to wallow in misery at Old Chicago pizza for dinner. The Oregon State game was on, so most of the restaurant was filled with Beaver fans except for this sad table in the corner with a father and son both decked out in Duck gear looking morose. At least the Beaver fans got to celebrate yesterday! I am not a huge sports fan or anything but my whole family went to the UofO and I did for 2 years, so we have to support the teams in good and bad times :)

Well I am off to an evening of relaxation before the very busy week ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home